Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whiterun

Default Whiterun

I started this one for fun because A) I am a big elder scrolls fan and B) It was very rocky. So it was a chance to play around with a rocky landscape. Not entirely satisfied with it. Also I finished it quickly at the end too (I sort of prefer running around in Whiterun more than mapping it =P). Still, hopefully someone will appreciate it.

It's not entirely accurate. It's based on screenshots I took so some things are going to be missing or slightly off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whiterunWIP.jpg 
Views:	15830 
Size:	974.7 KB 
ID:	40689  

It's funny what a tiny town that is ... heck, not e'en a village!

Skyrim good map, I like it

Good map Larb! I see that I have not visited the houses 24 & 25 yet.

Fantastic! Just one thing that bugs me, it has nothing to do with the map itself, just how you titled it.
    Whiterun is a Hold of Skyrim. Skyrim is a province of Tamriel. Aside from that, wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by cypruss11 View Post
    Fantastic! Just one thing that bugs me, it has nothing to do with the map itself, just how you titled it.
    Whiterun is a Hold of Skyrim. Skyrim is a province of Tamriel. Aside from that, wonderful.
    Actually, Whiterun [the city] is the capital of Whiterun Hold, a hold in Skyrim, which is a province of Tamriel. Whiterun Hold also includes Rorikstead and Riverwood, as well as of course numerous giant encampments!

Wonderful map! My only comment is that the Skyforge behind Jorrvaskr is omitted, yet should be clearly visible from this bird's-eye view. Still, this is at least close enough that I can clearly see all the wrong directions I run when trying to reach Dragonsreach (except the animal pen behind House Greymane...)!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done..
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

You know this could be submitted to the contest ;P Dragonsreach was a prison for a dragon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast