Thread: Greetings!

Post Greetings!

Howdy, all!

I've been directed to this site by Cereth, who's posted a little bit and who makes some mighty nice maps for our Sunday RPG group. Looks like an awesome resource for mappers.

I'm 36 and live near Cleveland, Ohio. Been gaming since 1981.

I've been developing and mapping (and periodically srtarting over from scratch) my fantasy setting of Ytherra for a number of years, and since we're now on the verge of doing something serious with it, it's time to get real about the maps.

I'm an admirer of Harn-style maps; not just the local ones, but the regional maps as well, and this is something I would dearly love to be able to replicate using the tools I have access to - CC2, Fractal Terrains and Paint Shop Pro 7. I may do some posting on that.

Gary - Welcome to the Guild. It is a fantastic place if you like mapping.

Question though - I tried to follow your link to Ytherra and the only thing that was present was your eulogy to EGG. I concur with all that you've written, but it doesn't help much if I am interested in learning more about Ytherra.

Quite right. The EGG tribute should be down by tomorrow and the actual Ytherra site back up. Meanwhile, I have a blog going here which hopefully will give you a bit of the flavor of the setting. No maps as of yet - although I am working on that and hope to post a thread or two here with samples and solicitatins for suggestions.
    Last edited by Gary N. Mengle; 03-20-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added more stuff.

Welcome to the group Gary. We are a friendly bunch here.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hey hey - and welcome
    Mike Weem

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Greetings and Welcome to the guild Gary, hope to see some maps real soon and most of all.. have fun theres plenty of advice and tutorials and friendly people here, so don't hesitate to jump right in

Glad you found us and that you joined, Gary. Please post your maps soon--even if just works in progress (we love those). Also make sure to share your eye with the rest if us trying to hone our own skills.

Welcome, and jump on in--the maps are fine!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]