Thread: D&D Heroes of Theophania traveling map

Info D&D Heroes of Theophania traveling map

I would formally like to request a map of mine to be drawn up if someone is willing to do it. I'd be very grateful. It's not that hard of a map and would love to work with someone on making it pop!

Project Scope:
    Small map for my players in the game that I am running. Purely for reference of major sites in the area they are currently located in. I don't own any cartographer software so I'm asking here since it's a fairly simply map. I'm not great at map making and the map I have prepared (in Paint no less) can be modified as necessary as long as everything is close to where it's represented. I've represented a key for distance on the map, but it's incorrect. The largest value should be 15 Miles not 30 and the 15 mile value should be 7.5.

Setting:
    Average D&D medieval setting; Safe zone after a near apocalyptic world fire; Other portions of the world (right side of map where line is represented and beyond, east) all scorched Earth black through magical flame, but slowly recovering.

Design Concept:
    Grasslands, forests, cities, mountains, trade roads, this map has a little bit of all that. The forests have been marked in green brush strokes, the cities have been placed, named, and sized. I'd love if it could look like the old style hand held and inked maps that map makers used to make back in the day, but an actual over view map full of color and showing the world would be great too.

Number of maps:
    One basic map.

Size:
    11 x 17 or somewhere around that size.

Deadline:
    Flexible. The game is in progress but a loose map described is acceptable for them at the moment.

Contact
    Karlen Kendrick
    dedtarget(at)gmail.com(dot)com
    Please use subject line Heroes of Theophania Map

Seeing the amount of views and the lack of response, if I changed this to a paid gig would someone be willing to do a quote for me?

Did you have a sample of what you are looking for? If nothing else maybe a link to a map you have seen here or elsewhere that you imagine would make your world look good? That always helps the artist determine how much time it will take them which translates into pricing.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yup, like Jaxilon says, it helps to see what you're starting for and what you're looking for. I can pound out a simple, rough map in 2 hours or spend 200 hours tweaking it and polishing it off. Obviously, that changes how willing I am to do something!