Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Continent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fast Continent

I'm experimenting on a nice bright style which is really quick to put down. This is what I have so far. I have to wean myself off my addiction to Star Raven's mountain brushes though and make my own ones!

It's a reasonably big continent, but I think that once I have all the elements, I should be able to get it all done in a day or two. Doing the elements for the first time is the time consumer. It's fun putting in all the little details like ruined forts, old temples and the like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fast continent export_02.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	408.5 KB 
ID:	40749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fast continent export_01.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	649.4 KB 
ID:	40750  

The detail-map looks very very good, ravs! I hope to see more in this style! And maybe a tut for it? That'd be awesome!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice... is it done in a vector program?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Novice

Beautiful. Love the prominent natural borders on the closer-in map. I'm trying to get the same sort of look for a world-map I'm drawing now

Glad to see your Moj-O-Meter is tending upwards. The detailed map looks very good and the choice of colours is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    What ever you do, don't buy Drawplus X5 until they've fixed it - it's really buggy. X4 is much more stable (and cheaper too).
    I've got X5 and don't find it that buggy...but I'm heaving one dickens of a time figuring out its paradigm.... I don't even know where to begin making a map in X5

Any drawplus tuts would be handy.

-Rob A>

Thanks all!

@Eilathen, not much chance of a tut, since it's made in Serif Drawplus and I think there are only 3 people on the guild who use it!
    @Tilt, it's made in Serif Drawplus which is a vector app with some raster functionality.

Seems a shame to do a test piece like this for a map which is never destined to be used for gaming. I've found someone in the maps requested forum who is looking for a map for his/her gaming group, hopefully it'll get taken up and then the map will actually have a purpose.

Blog Entries

Ravells, you might mention there is a Serif DrawPlus starter edition which is free, dunno if it can do the same as the full version but, I downloaded it after you responded to one of my questions with a reference to drawplus.

Or, i could post the link *facepalm*

http://www.serif.com/free-graphic-design-software/
    Last edited by Revock; 12-21-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Wow, I'm guaranteed a crash with X5 every time I use it. Maybe I should try a fresh re-install.

I'm surprised RobA....if you can use Inkscape then Drawplus should be a snap for you. If I have time over christmas I'll put together a quick tutorial on how I did this map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast