Thread: Some old D&D books 1ed to 3.5. Any interest?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Some old D&D books 1ed to 3.5. Any interest?

I was clearing out my parents' garage and I came across some old books. It's come to a head and they're planning to move house. I'll be in the States when they do so I'm trying to find good homes for my stuff. So I was wondering if there's any interest in some pieces of gaming history?

I've got the following (incomplete list from memory, but if you're looking for something specific, let me know):

1ed Manuals: Monster manuals, Fiend Folio, Legends and Lore, PHB, Dungeon Masters Guide, Unearthed Arcana, Greyhawk setting books (I'll probably keep hold of the maps unless there's a real interest in those )

1ed Adventures: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, Slaver Series, Against the Giants, Keep on the Borderlands, Secret of Bone Hill, Dungeonland and the Land Beyond the Magic Mirror, Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, Tomb of Horrors and a couple of others.

2nd Ed: Complete races series, complete historical settings series (Romans, celts, norse), complete classes, PHB, DMG, lots of monsters, Planescape, Birthright, Ravenloft

3rd/3.5 Ed: Pretty much the lot, but if there's a book you're interested in, let me know and I'll dig through it. Lots of Faerun too, but no Eberron.

It's lovely looking through the old books - and the old character sheets certainly bring back memories! But my folks are moving house and can no longer store my old books so they should go to a good home for any appropriate donation.

You know ... if nothing else, I have a large group of players who would love getting some of this stuff as a gift, to take a stroll down memory lane. How big a donation are you looking for and where would you mail this from? Since I'm in Europe, postage fees are an obvious drawback for me. But those old Monster Manuals and Fiend Folio, the Ravenloft stuff ... ahh, brings back memories for me too. Though I started DMing only with 2nd edition.

I'd love to get any/all of the 1st Ed. stuff. I lost mine years ago in a move. How much are you looking for?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Send me an email at jonathan@fantasticmaps.com and we can discuss the details. It's being posted from the UK so Europe might not be that bad.

Well, Europe from the UK certainly isn't that bad. Will mail you tomorrow!

Info

torstan - if you have anything that the Guild members don't want left over Dragonsfoot Classifieds is a good place to post them up at.

The members here here should get first dibs at them though, just cause they are that awesome!
    Last edited by Needamedic; 12-26-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Torstan, I am definately interested in the 3.5e books