Thread: Cranthem Kingdom - Talonkel map request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Cranthem Kingdom - Talonkel map request

Hi there, I'm working on a fantasy adventure novel in kind of medieval-ish theme. While everyone seems to be working on a fantasy novel these days, I like to think of mine as the new standard - one that will flip those "chosen one" phrophecy stories on their head. This story is more of a quest. I won't get into a lot detail about the story itself here, but can give you a quick synopsis.

Synopsis:
    12-year old Amelia Collins while attending a celebration at the Palace in Erisenna, Amelia witnesses her mother,Alexis being kidnapped by Dawn, a young and mysterious 18-20 year old beautiful blonde haired woman. Amelia thinking that no one is doing something about her mother being kidnapped escapes the gates of the town and ventures of to find Dawn in hope of finding her mother. Through her journey, Amelia makes some new friends, runs into old ones, and discovers the land and secrets of Talonkel.

It would be great if someone could please help me in helping create a map for this story.

Before reading the descriptive detail of the map info, I strongly suggest getting a drink and snack before you begin reading. It's a tad long, but I just wanted to give as much info as possible so the map is that much better.

Thanks, and here it goes:

If you have any questions you can email me at the following email.
    mattman2900-at-gmail-dot-com

Commission:
    At this time I'm not looking for anything other than a personal reference for me to use sort of as a guide when writing my story. In addition, possibly posting on the Cranthem Series website.

The website might change at some point, but for now that's it.

On the other hand if I like the map and decide to publish my book, I will most certainly offer compensation. I would not mind giving a % of profit from the novel and regardless of publication or not, you will get credit for the map.

Time Limits
    While the sooner, the better would help me, I really don't have a deadline or anything.

Style
    I'm not really sure of the style, but djekspek's style seems to be pretty cool and after reading some threads I see he's pretty popular!!

http://djekspek.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3hxjvl

http://djekspek.deviantart.com/galle...et=24#/d2dx5nz

Again these are just ideas, I'm not fixed on them by any means.

Prefer color, but as long as I can tell the difference between meadows, forests and such it doesn't really matter.

Description of Map

This is a map of one of three lands in the Cranthem Kingdom. Talonkel is the mainland.

Hundreds of miles Northeast of Talonkel sits the large Nordic island, Graadevar. Home of the Voshena (Vah-shey-nah) - basically Vikings, and Grunthers (white-furred bi-pedal Snow Apes).

To the Southeast of Talonkel is Tyradonia, a jungle like island where our antagonist, Dawn ( a mysterious witch-like woman) reigns.

To help out - attached is the outline and placement of tows and villages:

and proposed placement of mountains, forests, etc:

The scale of the map
    Oh my, I don't know. I suppose that might be a necessity when it comes to travel, huh? I'm still trying to figure out how long it would take to get from Erisenna to Oravel, let alone to the Northeast and Southeast, etc. If someone wants to figure it out and let me know, more power to you.

Quality & Size
    Whatever you can create. As I state above - I'm at this time just looking for a visual reference.
    I'll probably be using it on the computer mostly, but may print it out on occasion. But not needed for book print.

Dimensions:
    I had it at 22in Wide by 17in height, but that's just to get a feeling for the size. I'm sure 8x11 shall do. If that's too big, take it down some. Sorry, I'm just not really picky.

Raster / Vector
    I would say vector.

Copyright
    At this time I would just need rights for me to use a reference guide and possibly post on my website.
    I would like to retain the rights to the names on the map, design concept, etc. While the cartographer would retain the rights to their work of map for use on their portfolio, etc.
    I don't exactly know how to word it, but if you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cranthem_Talonkel_Labeled1a.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	40783  
    Last edited by Prevana'Dei; 12-23-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added photo of maps, corrected info
    Goddess of the Golden Ocean, Book One of the Cranthem Series.
    http://cranthemseries.weebly.com