Thread: Cartographer partner wanted for new roleplaying game

Guild Applicant

Default Cartographer partner wanted for new roleplaying game

Project Scope:
    'Fallna Gudar' is a new dark fairytale role-playing game that will be released during the first half of 2012 as a free and CC-licensed, downloadable e-book and PDF. At the moment we are a team of six creatives of which two are a couple of extremely talented illustrators I am very proud of. I hope to team up with a cartographer interested in getting their work into a context with a great spread. During 2013 the game will be translated into English. A collaboration is preferred with long-term mindset, as sourcebooks will be published after the game released and will need more maps than the game itself.

Setting:
    The gods have fallen. A ravaged world, scourged by the Primeval Darkness and almost torn to pieces after the near-apocalyptic Oracle War, a conflict between religious forces that fought over the power lost when the gods fell. Commoners turned on their old spiritual leaders and banished them from the known kingdoms, blaming them for the war. From the shadows, long-forgotten mages stepped forward. Once banned by the religious men and women as heathen and witches, but now free to walk by men again and allied with kings and lords - and the only hope for men to stand against the evil of the Primeval Darkness. Check out www.fallnagudar.se for more info (in Swedish though).

Design Concept:
    The maps should have a 13th-14th century medieval feel to them, but still usable as a prop in a roleplaying game (ie with a fantasy twist). As the Primeval Darkness spew forth its evil powers from the Underearth, which often manifests as 'hell cauldrons', occupying and infecting whole areas of land, this must be portrayed in the maps somehow.

EDIT: To clearify, the maps should still be fantasy maps, but I am looking for a more historical feel to them rather than what the standard fantasy map offer. And more 13th century than 16-17th century.

Number of maps:
    Not yet applicable. But 'many'.

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files.
    Full color.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps online, in sourcebooks and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
    Not yet set. But a collaboration could start any time during the winter 2012.

Payment:
    Either:
    1) $80, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files of every map, or preferrably
    2) A fair share of the profit from the upcoming sourcebooks (which of course will exceed $80).

Contact
    Christian Svalander
    info--at--fallnagudar--dot--:se.
    Please use subject line 'Cartographer'.
    Last edited by Trollkjeft; 12-26-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Clearifying the Design concept.

Guild Applicant

Hi and thanks! Thought I lost the post, but I'm happy it got through. Happy Holidays everyone!

/Trollkjeft

Just wanted to tell you that it sounds awesome. And your illustrators are indeed top notch! Too bad my cartographer-skills are non-existant (at least in comparison to the many talented artists on this site). Hope you find someone soon and hopefully you let us see what the chosen cartographer comes up with.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi Christian, I'll mail you
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise