Thread: Request for Maps

Guild Novice

Help Request for Maps

Hello Friends!
    We need maps, lots of maps. Won't you help us Please?
    I know that this request is fairly vague. How do you tell someone something without telling them?
    If you have any suggestions, please pass them on.

Project Scope:
    We are a small group of friends led by our sage who has created a revolutionary web site project which has recently received financial backing. We are looking for someone to produce several maps that will fit within our desired design scope and "feel " relating to a specific industry.
    Due to the confidential nature of both the design and concept of this site, specific details cannot be discussed until a non-disclosure and confidentially agreement is signed.

Setting:
    Real world, present day

Design Concept:
    Sorry, I can't give details of exactly what the maps will be showing at this point due to confidentiality.
    That said, we need maps of specific regions in many countries that will have multiple 'layers' of specific information relating to different inter-related topics. We are creating a one-of-a-kind resource. A one stop shop if you will.

Here is an example of one of the "layers" of information that we are looking for.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...?query=&page=4

Imagine if you will, looking at a map of the US, with each state outlined. This is the back drop or back ground. Layer one.
    The next layer will show (since I'm in Vegas) states where gambling is permitted.
    The next layer will show the counties, and the next the gaming entities in each state.
    Now our project is not really related to gaming, but maybe this will give an idea of where we are going with this.

Number of maps:
    Approximately 26 country specific maps
    Multiple regional maps showing "points of interest" in the specified regions for each country
    Mulitiple overview city maps within specified regions
    Mulitple more detailed maps showing specified information within the regions /cities

Technical:
    dpi minimum to be determined after discussion with web designers
    Jpg, or png (preferably) files for web viewing and possible printing
    Full color photorealistic

Copyright:
    Ownership as yet undetermined

Artist will receive credit for all artwork
    We are currently in the process of obtaining copyright and trademark licensing which may effect maps as well

Deadline:
    Currently flexible. Initial basic map views May 2012 . Final editing for the advanced maps probably won’t start until March 2013

Payment:
    To be determined after discussion. We have both project based and hourly compensation available.

*** UPDATE TO REQUEST AS OF 1/16/2012***
    After long, careful and sad deliberation, we have come to the conclusion that for simplicity of contracting and compensation, we need to limit this project to US citizens at this time. Thank you so much.

If I have piqued your interest please....
    Tiffany Thompson
    Georgiablue42(at)Gmail(dot)com
    Please use subject line Maps
    Last edited by Iwannawine; 01-16-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: additional information

Hi, I've moved this to the mapmaking request thread. Good luck with your project!

Please read the sticky at the top of this forum to give more information (if you can).

Guild Novice

If no one is interested in this project and might be able to recommend some easy free mapping software that a completely UN-artistically talented but fairly tech savvy person could use with a Windows 7 64bit OS, please let me know!
    Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi, I might be interested - I'll send you a mail

by the way - if you have 5 posts - you open for private messages
    Last edited by tilt; 12-28-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Novice

Thanks Tilt!

Guild Novice

Trying to get to five for messaging

Guild Novice

And number five

Congratulations on the five.