Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IGS Games random on-line dungeon generator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IGS Games random on-line dungeon generator

This is still a work in progress, but I would be interested in any comments or suggestions about my random dungeon generator. It can be found at: http://www.igsgames.com/Utilities/DungeonGenerator If it's not working, then I'm probably debugging something or adding new tiles. The plan is to flesh out the room descriptions, and add encounters/items for BRP, T&T, and OSR.

Anyway, I found a hash background in another forum that is attributed to Tom Cardin. I cannot PM him until after 5 posts, so if he is reading, or someone else can PM him, I'm interested in using the tile on my dungeon, and am looking for the artist's approval.

For the record, we pretend to be a real company, but have never actually sold anything. I think our LLC expired this year anyway. :-)

:: Edit by ravells:: generator moved here: http://princeofcups.com/utilities/DungeonGenerator/
    Last edited by ravells; 04-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Very Cool! Excellent quick map generator, Simple, yet more professional looking than a lot of the map generators I've seen.

Here are images of 3 maps I made in a matter of seconds, minimal trial and error. And it is capable of making MUCH bigger maps than these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-IGS-map.jpg 
Views:	1780 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	40837 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112-IGS-map.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	40838 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	113-IGS-map.jpg 
Views:	1659 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	40839
    Last edited by Bogie; 12-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Guild Novice

This is a very useful tool for any setting that uses underground lairs. It would be especially useful to be able to make a printable version (hint, hint). I would suggest leaving a "blank" option for the encounters and descriptions so that people who use other systems can add their own information.

Great tool ! Goes directly in my bookmarks !

This is superb! It does diagonal corridors and rooms and curved corridors too!! Great work! I assume that the text for traps and structures etc is coming?

Edit:: If it's possible I would like to see a way in which the user could customise the contents of the rooms but having a user created spreadsheet or similar that the program can call on.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Edit:: If it's possible I would like to see a way in which the user could customise the contents of the rooms but having a user created spreadsheet or similar that the program can call on.
    I'm hoping to have enough options to accommodate everyone. What would you like to see? So far I'm planning more/fewer rooms/traps/encounters/treasure.

Less than a year has passed and now the domain is not registered any more. This means the map generator is not accessible. I still kinda hope to be able to give it a try some time. It looks awesome and very intelligent. It is very rare to see diagonal corridors and rooms underneath each other. So much more promising than the most of online map generators.

Quote Originally Posted by Freevo View Post
    Less than a year has passed and now the domain is not registered any more. This means the map generator is not accessible. I still kinda hope to be able to give it a try some time. It looks awesome and very intelligent. It is very rare to see diagonal corridors and rooms underneath each other. So much more promising than the most of online map generators.
    Sorry about that. I let the old domain expire, and I've moved the generator to my personal site at Princeofcups Dungeon Generator. I have not updated anything for a while, but plan to get back to it at some point. I'm working on adding creatures and room descriptions. Donjon is making me look bad. :-)

I am IMPRESSED. Nice!

Hi!
    Fantastic! Great! Marvellous!

I'm used playing with dungeon generators but none get to this level of quality!

A question though: do you developped your own engine or do you make use of on-shelf one like NBOS Inspiration Pad Pro 2?
    Another one: do you search for developper backup to go faster in research/development?

Very impressive! Thanks!

Anoril

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast