Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IGS Games random on-line dungeon generator

Quote Originally Posted by Anoril View Post
    Hi!
    A question though: do you developped your own engine or do you make use of on-shelf one like NBOS Inspiration Pad Pro 2?
    Another one: do you search for developper backup to go faster in research/development?
    Anoril
    It's all custom in code, although I have borrowed ideas from other on-line dungeons. It's pretty basic PHP front end, perl back end, with flat data files. If you are interested in helping out, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by tronos76 View Post
    Grrr! Not working for me - just getting the same pattern. Sure it's awesome when it's working properly tho!
    That happens when I'm debugging a tile. I don't have a dev instance yet. That's not true. The live instance IS the dev instance. :-) So please try again.

Guild Applicant

Very nice. One of the best RDG's I've seen thus far. I like the simplicity. As for options, Map Only (just to avoid generating stuff people may not want), export options (PDF being the primary -- painful but very handy), Background is missing that classic TSR blue color... That's all I can think of offhand.

Great job thus far.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

save/export/print options are a must I think. It is a shame to generate these maps and not have way to save them...

Very nicely done, and I am gonna hit you with my rep stick...such as it is.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Another goody to make my life easier!

very cool, clever use of sprites and CSS positioning. how many tiles do you have?
    >>< drow ><<

Blog Entries

I must have missed this one when originally posted. Yes this is a very good dungeon creator. I can see how most of it works but there's some clever coding in there to work out which base tiles join up since the edges of most of the tiles are not similar. Good use of CSS and style. I think you could save the dungeon just by saving the web page so I don't see that as an issue. Same with printing it. But maybe by setting the title of the web page to the dungeon name it would help when saving it or maybe breaking the page into the map and the room descriptions would be beneficial when printing it.

Top marks tho all around.

Less than a year has passed and now the domain is not registered any more. This means the map generator is not accessible. I still kinda hope to be able to give it a try some time. It looks awesome and very intelligent. It is very rare to see diagonal corridors and rooms underneath each other. So much more promising than the most of online map generators.

Quote Originally Posted by Freevo View Post
    Less than a year has passed and now the domain is not registered any more. This means the map generator is not accessible. I still kinda hope to be able to give it a try some time. It looks awesome and very intelligent. It is very rare to see diagonal corridors and rooms underneath each other. So much more promising than the most of online map generators.
    Sorry about that. I let the old domain expire, and I've moved the generator to my personal site at Princeofcups Dungeon Generator. I have not updated anything for a while, but plan to get back to it at some point. I'm working on adding creatures and room descriptions. Donjon is making me look bad. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by drow View Post
    very cool, clever use of sprites and CSS positioning. how many tiles do you have?
    Each tile has multiple versions with little sub tiles to make the connections line up. It's 306 tiles at last count, with 2527 variations. I'm still not happy with the way that they connect, and keep planning to redo it from scratch. Maybe that's why I never finish anything? :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast