Thread: My WIP Continental Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip My WIP Continental Map

This is my first map to work with on the computer. I got an Intuos4 for Christmas and traced over a map I drew out of graph paper. I moved the original continents around a bit and then retraced them on photoshop. (The first trace was on illustrator and the lines were a bit too straight and fine)

Right now I have, I think, the largest continents in place and am working on designing tectonic plate layouts to determine island locations and that sort of thing to finish up the landmasses.

This map is simply for a world building project but I hope for it to be used in my own future writing as well as a possible game.

I haven't determined the scale of the planet yet but it will most likely be around the size of Earth, if not larger or smaller. I also plan to individually map key locations that may be involved in a book or game.

Edit: I updated the plates draft which is the one with the colors areas. I'm wondering if those sort of plate locations would be acceptable or am I completely wrong? I haven't finished placing mountain locations on the Eastern Continent.

At the moment this map is just pure reference for me for my writing and I do plan to edit the map eventually to make a more visually appealing map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world-map-draft.jpg 
Views:	1124 
Size:	709.7 KB 
ID:	40847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world-map-draft2.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	779.4 KB 
ID:	40848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world-map-draft-plates1.jpg 
Views:	2080 
Size:	975.7 KB 
ID:	40894  
    Last edited by hawk767; 01-01-2012 at 04:37 AM.