Thread: Introduction: The Goblin's Lair

Default Introduction: The Goblin's Lair

Hello everyone,

My name is Kerry (The Goblin's Lair), and I am new to map making. I am a simple guy, happily married to a great wife, and we have a little 11 month old girl. I have been playing pen & paper games since 1993, and MMOs since 1999. I have always loved and appreciated a good map when I saw one. Now that I am GM'ing my first Pathfinder campaign, I thought it was time to step up my game. I recently picked up a copy of CC3 and DD3. I haven't had a chance to use them much, but I was able to produce my "Sandpoint for Dummies" map, which I will post in the Finished Maps section after I finish this post.

You will have to excuse me, I do not know who the mods/founders are just yet, but I wanted to thank everyone at the Cartographer's Guild for hosting a pinnacle mapping site. I've learned so much in the last few months that I've been on "lurker status" here. I hope to continue learning from you all, and possibly repay you by providing you with a map that you may find useful someday in one of your very own campaigns.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Kerry, and welcome to the guild - glad you unlurked - looking forward to seeing your maps
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hello Kerry and welcome to a happy new year!

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Hi Kerry,
    I also use CC3 and all of the PF product line. Check out UTube for some tuts. Also have a look at the TUTS section here. There are some really good ones for CC2/3 and helped me alot.

Oh, and welcome!
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

Hello and welcome to the guild! I'm using CC3 myself too, mainly with the CD3 addon. Lot of good tutorials here.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's nice to be part of a mature online community. After years of playing MMOs I was not sure they still existed hehe. MadCartographer I will definitely take a look at the tuts.

Thanks,
    Kerry