Hi and happy new year to all CG members!
I am not sure this is the right subforum for this, but no other subforum seemed better suited (moderation-team, feel free to move this if you think this is the wrong place).
The CG is full of people with a lot of creativity and awesome talent in mapmaking and other stuff. So i really wanted to post this on this forum as well. I hope we can get our creative-juices flowing...i want to harness your talents
So here goes:
Help me build a setting around these lines (see below), and try to keep it in the tone aka don't go too far of the rails (it's not the goal to be as freaky/nuts as possible but instead to build on the vision inherent in these starter-ideas).
P.S.: I don't take credit for those ideas, so i am not trying to protect my ideas or flatter my own ego
As we have tons of talented mappers on here, i really hope some of you will throw in suggestions for an appropriate world-map.You take the oddest bits of the Old Testament, stir in various secondary material from all three Abrahamic religions, and throw in Creationist kookery, and you have one of the weirdest and wooliest sword-and-sorcery settings around
* Sophisticated, but scattered civilizations
* Wildernesses full of every cool prehistoric critter of every era
* Centuries-old patriarchs - drop by the right place, and you can meet the very first man
* Mysterious wandering deities. You can't tell them apart, you can only take them at their word when they say they're your old benefactor. However, while quite powerful, they're less than omniscient.
* The beautiful and awful servants of at least one of those deities
* Giants and other fabulous hybrids of humans and some of those servants
* Strange and wretched once-humans cursed by those deities, who've gained vast power that they often use against humanity