Hello everyone, I'm Michael.

I've been roleplaying since high school, and have also played miniature tabletop war-games since then. I went to school for theater with an emphasis on costume design, and my interests in that area range from the middle ages to the late Victorian, with bits and bobs from other areas thrown in for good measure. I sew, make my own dice bags, and am constantly adding to my reference book collection. As someone who started reading fantasy at a young age, maps have always interested me. I remember doing the map from The Hobbit for a school project of some sort, and all the tiny detail driving me crazy. I was probably in the 5th or 6th grade...
I don't own Photoshop, so the few maps I've made so far have all been done by hand. I'll try to post one in the appropriate forum when I can. I like working with steel-nib pens and ink, and have found that Bristol paper makes an excellent surface for mapping. Now I just need to figure out the best way to lay down some color...
I'm looking forward to browsing and reading through the forums and looking at maps from everyone.

-Michael