Thread: Pirate Ship

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Pirate Ship

I decided to clear a map over the weekend and with Journey to the West and Skull and Shackles coming along I thought a pirate/privateer ship might well be in order. Here's some (low res) versions:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PirateShip,Underway,PreviewMid.jpg 
Views:	1941 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	40974 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PirateShip,Moored,PreviewMid.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	40973 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PirateShip,LowerDecks,PreviewMid.jpg 
Views:	1249 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	40972

Name:  AftDeckPreview.jpg
Views: 2284
Size:  33.3 KB

I had a lot of fun with this one. I wanted it to be as flexible as possible. If my players get this as a base for nautical adventures I want to be able to place it in any far flung cove or pirates den, so I saved out the ship as a transparent png with the sails on a separate layer, so that they can be removed for deck based combat, or placed on the map for fights amongst the rigging. All the set dressing objects are separate too, so that the ship can be re-fitted easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shipPreview.png 
Views:	5280 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	40975

After finishing it, I decided to bundle it up as a map pack (hence the low res versions here). The fll pack weighs in at a hefty 112Mb of graphics! Not bad for a day's work The full res versions are for sale in the whole map pack on RPGNow and Paizo. As it's for sale, this isn't CC licensed.

Well ... it's magnificent. Did you expect some other comment? I really have nothing to say ... it looks great.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks fantastic torstan - been working on my own ships (small ones) but I've folded the sails and since they are fishing/trading ships I'm thinking of what stuff to place on deck for fittings (and a nice look) - hope you sell a bunch
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise