Thread: River crossing

Post River crossing

This is something I just did in order to quickly test out some dirt, water and grass. It's a small portion of a much larger image. Thoughts?

Mike Weem

A little bit of feathering along the edges of the contours would make them blend together nicely, I think. Did you texture the center part of the river channel, too? Reducing the opacity of the water a touch more might let it show through better if you did. If not, then I'd say the water's opacity is about perfect.

It's got a nice illustrative look to it. Maybe a little bit cartoony, but that's not a bad thing if it suits the mood you're after.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I really like the edges of the grass! Well done: a good blend between illustravie & realistic. Nice.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Post Rivers edge looks too smooth/artificial...

I haven't been around every kind of river, but the edge of the water along the sandbank seems too rounded, too smooth. Even a slow moving river would have more undulations. This somehow looks alittle artificial.

Textures look good though and as Pyrandon suggested, the edge of the grass has a very realistic quality to it.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks for the feedback so far I'll be playing with it more tonight (I hope) with this info in mind.
    Mike Weem

Needs more map

Show us the rest !

Sigurd