Thread: Hello everyone

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Murtauh's Avatar

Info Hello everyone

It's not mandatory, but seeing as how introductory threads are smiled upon, why not. I'm a novice cartographer, self-taught, though I seek to learn more. I heard about this site through reddit.com/r/worldbuilding, and figured it would be a great resource. I've only made a few rudimentary maps myself, but I feel the project I'm working on has a lot of potential.
    Anyway, there's not much to tell about myself, so I'll keep it brief. I'm laboring through High School, so hobbies tend to fall by the wayside, except for World Building. I've always been interested it since my earliest memories. I have to say that my main inspirations fall from Tolkien, but as of late I find myself swaying more towards a Westerosi feel, after reading through A Song of Ice and Fire.
    The project I'm working on now is just under a week old, so I only have the overlay of a single continent finished. It's called Luros, and, as I said, I'm fairly proud of the direction I'm headed in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gqavx.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	40992

Anyway, that about sums up my introduction. I look forward to what this community has to offer.
    Last edited by Murtauh; 01-05-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
    ~Ardias Avenaerus, High King of Thocaea

Hello and welcome to the guild!
    If you're looking for a place to learn mapping you have come to the right place Have a look in the tutorial section of the forum and you will find a lot of knowledge.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Stupid webbrowser wants to double post
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)