Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello, all.

Info Hello, all.

Hello all,

I stumbled upon this place entirely by accident, and it seemed worth having a look at, so I joined up.

My name's Andy, and I map. I thought I best get the Cartographer's Anonymous-thing out of the way first.

I've had a bunch of maps published here and there, but am best known for my work on WFRP and 40KRP. Examples of my stuff can be found at the following links (for as long as the respective companies keep them there):

Kislev - a country in Games Workshop's Old World
    Erengrad - a city in Kislev
    Skaven map - runes on a rat skin
    The Calixis Sector - from Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe (strictly, this is a wallpaper of the map, but it was the only decent copy I could find online)
    Freeport - City of Pirates

That should give you an idea. They were all done in Photoshop, and show a few different styles. I'm contemplating trying some new programs, but I'm not sure what yet.

Anyway, I'll go have a look around. Hopefully chat to some of you later.

Andy

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wow.. another professional mapper.... This site rocks

Greetings and Welcome Hapi, you do fantastic work and I'm actually familiar with the first one, the third one and the 4th one... I'm so happy to meet a cartographer with work that I've seen and admired, very pleased to meet you and I look forward to seeing more maps and advice on cartography and maps... tutorials are always fun to read and work through

Happy Mapping

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Wow.. another professional mapper.... This site rocks

Greetings and Welcome Hapi, you do fantastic work and I'm actually familiar with the first one, the third one and the 4th one... I'm so happy to meet a cartographer with work that I've seen and admired, very pleased to meet you and I look forward to seeing more maps and advice on cartography and maps... tutorials are always fun to read and work through

Happy Mapping
    Pleased to meet you to. It's always cool to meet someone that knows your work.

Welcome!

With all these industry professionals running around I'm starting to get some serious map envy

Wah, wah, wah, wawawawaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome aboard Mr. Law. We actually had a link up to your work in our reference section last year (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=892). I hope you do get around to updating your website.

Your city maps are colorful and a joy to behold. Your tomb maps for Lure of the Liche Lord were incredible and filled with detail.

I hope your schedule and your patrons enable you to share more of your work with the Guild.

Hi Andy: I too am familiar with your work; in fact, back a year or more ago when I first started mapping more than just here and there, but more as a "full time hobby", I spent a lot of time collecting admirable images for my own use as a learning tool. I have a couple of your maps in there (I'm not sure where I found them--never kept track). You, sir, are very talented!

Anyway, welcome to the Guild. I hope you give lots of advice, get loads of input, and all-around feel cozy and comfortable here. Glad you stumbled on in.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Welcome!

With all these industry professionals running around I'm starting to get some serious map envy

Wah, wah, wah, wawawawaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    Welcome aboard Mr. Law. We actually had a link up to your work in our reference section last year (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=892). I hope you do get around to updating your website.

Your city maps are colorful and a joy to behold. Your tomb maps for Lure of the Liche Lord were incredible and filled with detail.

I hope your schedule and your patrons enable you to share more of your work with the Guild.
    Glad you liked the LotLL maps -- they were a total pain to get completed for the deadline I was given. But, I was pretty pleased with the outcome.

As for the city maps: well, I learn a little more with every one I complete, so I'm getting better with every step. That said, I sometimes feel my software is holding me back a little, so I'm in the market at the mo' for trying out something new.

As for the schedule: well, I'm always busy. I don't just map, I also write (I've written for several WFRP books, for example), so my fretime is very limited, especially as my primary job is a housedad! That said, I'll try to drop in and stay in contact.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I'll have a wander around and familiarise myself with the surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Hi Andy: I too am familiar with your work; in fact, back a year or more ago when I first started mapping more than just here and there, but more as a "full time hobby", I spent a lot of time collecting admirable images for my own use as a learning tool. I have a couple of your maps in there (I'm not sure where I found them--never kept track). You, sir, are very talented!

Anyway, welcome to the Guild. I hope you give lots of advice, get loads of input, and all-around feel cozy and comfortable here. Glad you stumbled on in.
    Thanks very much for the compliments. I'm glad you like what you've seen of my work.

And thanks for the welcome as well. Seems a friendly place so far.

Hapimeses - Welcome to the Guild. (This is where I usually offer encouraging words and tell people how great the Guild is, but frankly, I don't think that you need any encouraging words.)

Most of the inhabitants here are amateurs, although we do have a few professionals hanging around. Encouragement for our lesser cartographers and constructive criticism for all is the order of the day.

I'm sure that most people who post in this thread are going to gush about your work (I'm really trying my best not to), so get ready. I will say, in all honesty, that I think that your Erengrad map is the best fantasy city map that I've ever seen, hands-down.

I'll make a request that I think most people would agree with. If you are willing, a tutorial (or several) on how your make your maps would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast