Thread: Santa Clara Colony

Map Santa Clara Colony

My first Map. I hope for yours suggestions and commentaries. Thanks
    (please, forgive me for my english)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Santaclara1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	41051  

That's a nice first map. I do think that the bridge symbol could do to be a bit smaller (it goes arching over roads as well as the river in various places), but the geography is reasonable, the intent is clear, and it looks pretty good. Good work.

That's an absolutely awesome map, especially if it's your first! I agree with rdanhenry about the bridge symbol. I'd also like to say that the crest in the upper right corner and the compass symbol in the lower right are truly beautiful. Very inspiring map, overall.

Very nice map for a first try. Excellent layout, nice colours, good choice of graphic elements. The font you used is great... would you share the name?

Of course there are some things that you could improve.

Be careful with your brushes! You have quite some overlappings and cutoffs at the borders of your woods... especially the left side borders. You might want to repair that by hand... lots of work, but might be worth it.

Taper your rivers! Rivers tend to be narrower at their origins, getting wider as they join.

Last of all (pet peeve of mine) consider the base colour of your map! With a real paper / parchment background, it is rather easy to darken the background with inks and paints... but how would you make it lighter?

Thank you very much for yours commentaries. The fonts name is Treasure Map Deadhand, it is in Internet for free.