Thread: Finished Random Fantasy Map (Practice)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Default Finished Random Fantasy Map (Practice)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnnamedFantasyWorldMap.png 
Views:	525 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	41054
    Ok, so here's a map done with GIMP 2.6, it's 1500x1500.. What can I say? It's ok for me I guess but I would like to get a better and simple version made out of it
    What do you guys think about it? Oh yeah, if you are going to comment about how 'unrealistic' it is... It's Fantasy! I can decide if my world follows the same rules as ours or not!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Amen for Fantasy

I'd just ask - what are the huge blue things? If they are lakes and rivers ... well, your rivers are much too wide and don't behave like rivers. Water is water, no matter how fantastic you get!

Before commenting further, I'd just suggest a legend of some kind to indicate what exactly different map elements are. As for the shape of the land - that's pretty arbitrary. If you have a fantasy setting where the Supreme Spaghetti Saucer shaped the world to his Whim, that's fine. But shaping the gravity field at whim ... that's a harder one and it's going to make your fantasy world very wonky and I'd recommend having a really good backstory for it!

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    I'd just ask - what are the huge blue things? If they are lakes and rivers ... well, your rivers are much too wide and don't behave like rivers. Water is water, no matter how fantastic you get!

Before commenting further, I'd just suggest a legend of some kind to indicate what exactly different map elements are. As for the shape of the land - that's pretty arbitrary. If you have a fantasy setting where the Supreme Spaghetti Saucer shaped the world to his Whim, that's fine. But shaping the gravity field at whim ... that's a harder one and it's going to make your fantasy world very wonky and I'd recommend having a really good backstory for it!
    Lol, I know, I just made this up when I was bored to death... I still am. I'm just killing my time by making bad maps....