Thread: First map - The Green Hell Islands

Wip First map - The Green Hell Islands

Well, I finally gave up trying to find the perfect tree and just went for the default ones that came with the symbol set I'm using - need to plan my symbol usage better for the next map and make sure that it has everything I want before I start.

Overview

The northern island is home to snake people, the center to carnivorous elves (I'd say cannibalistic, but they don't eat each other) with the exception of the village in the swamp which is inhabited by the descendents of a shipwreck - the swamp is the one place that the elves won't go. The southern island is covered by a giant angry trees and ruined temples - it's the original home of the elves.

Reasons for the PCs to be here

- They got shipwrecked
    - In search of elven treasures from the southern island
    - Magical energy manifests in stones - these are valuable
    - In search of the shipwreck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenhell.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	41072  

Looks nice You'd might want to taper the rivers a bit more though. It seems as if the river has the same width from the source to the sea, which never really happens. You could also add a few more sources for the river which then flow together.

The rivers are at 3 different widths aready, though I suppose I could add some more different ones.

I love the cliff. It adds a nice touch. Good work!