Thread: Nomaria

Default Nomaria

Hello,

This is my first work post since a long time as I was busy with tests and stuff. But now I can work more on maps and projects, so I think I'll post more here

Anyway, this map has no special use, I've done it just for training and testing techniques. I've found a nice way to make mountains, at least I think they are good, maybe need some more work, but for now, they are good. I have worked more on the borders this time, they still aren't as good as I wanted, but close enough. Also I draw my first compass rose.

At the begining I wanted to make the cities more than just circles and squares, but it turned out I'm not that good to do this =/

The map itself is about a rich peninsular kingdom called Nomaria, the last of the old kingdoms, which were conquered by the Canonians. The wall protects the kingdom against the Canonian armies that try to conquer them, and by the date the map was done, they still couldn't do it.

But enough with the writting....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nomaria.jpeg 
Views:	283 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	41146

PS: A special "thank you" to Coyotemax for his Old Papers and the Woodcut tutorial. To djekspek for the Compass rose tutorial. To Arsheesh for the border tutorial.

A neat, clean map So when did the Canonians learn to make boats to get around the Wall?

By my notes in 1207 (map year 1275).However the Nomarian also have some to protect the coast. But I would say that the ships techniques are still not very good

Thank you btw,

And presumably that's when the alarming amount of deforestation took place!

Nice though; I like the narrative.
    Tigon Ologdring
    Worldbuilder, Shieldsmith and Bannerman of Midnight

Yeah, I was a little lazy and didn't want to put many trees, so I placed some but in a bigger scale so as to look like there is a lot, don't remember who taught me this technique but I found it really useful

But say that is a deforestation is good as well XD