Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon's Rest Fantasy Map

I used Blackadder ITC for the font. It's a free font I found somewhere, so Google it. I'm more than happy to share any info.

I agree with the outer glow comment and I've adjusted it, just haven't posted it yet. Thanks to you and tilt for the crit.

Guild Applicant

Just a few little details.

First, does the road to F'dewa actually go to he city, or does it miss the city on purpose? It looks like it goes just outside the city. All the rest of your roads go directly into or through the cities and places of interest, so I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not.

Second, I like that you have Beltra connected to the mainland through the King's road, but how is it connected? Depending on the type of map, this could be displayed. Is it a bridge, a ferry, dock? I can't tell from the map and since it is about 25 miles (units) long based on your scale, it would abe a significant feature here.

Third, on the road from F'dewa to Foor and on the road from Rykema to Hubaard, there are a couple of sharp turns in the road. They almost look like you intend to add features or towns. Are you planning something for these points, or are these just features of the roads?

Fourth, I like the details you put into the land features including the texturing to note elevation. Are you adding any water features to this? Mountains are labeled, but no lakes, bays, inlets, rivers (are there any?) or anything with water on the map. I really like this map and think it has great details. My fiirst response to it was it would be great with a Pirate theme, with all the detailed coastline and islands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12