Thread: Starting off with a hello...

Post Starting off with a hello...

So... hello. I abuse ellipsis btw, it's a nasty habit I need to rid myself off... Did it again.

I haven't gotten the chance to get a good look around the forum yet, but I imagine there are a lot of people like me here, who write fantasy and enjoys world building. Problem though, is that I have recently discovered that I totally suck at drawing maps. I consider myself a decent artist otherwise, so I don't think learning will be THAT difficult (am I being naive perhaps?)

Other than that, I'm a girl from Norway and I'm currently studying English lit. I use a really old version of Photoshop for drawing... makes me worried that I won't know half of the tools you guys use, but I hope I'll manage.

Be nice to me please.

Welcome and don't worry. We'll be nice, girl from Norway, don't worry and do ask and help yourself to the tutorials.

Welcome, spklvr --- pick a likely tutorial and dive in! And yes, especially if you're already a decent artist, you'll no doubt be able to create good maps -- you'll just need some practice. Like with any other artistic endeavor, I assume you've filled your head with examples of what you want to create? Do you have particular styles you want to emulate?