Here's a first draft I've made about the map for my friend's DnD campaign world, Eris. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/eris has more info on the campaign and the world itself.

The reason the map is a "draft" version is that we players haven't gotten all that much info about the world itself, so there's some missing information, like for an example what the small settlement in the Unknown Lands is called and such. The terrains are also a combination of guesstimates and imagination. It is a map I plan to update as the campaign goes on.

As for the map itself, I used a black marker to sketch out basically all the outlines you see, then scanned it on to the computer. I used GIMP to colour the image as well as do modifications, such as adding a few mountain ranges, the volcanoes and a bit more of jungle.

I attempted to make the map "self-explanatory", as in not requiring a legend to read. As such I'd like to get some feedback on how well you can tell what each features and terrains might be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eris.png 
Views:	2464 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	41231