Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WiP] Commission - Town of Beruak

I'm totally with ScotlandTom. There's not much else I could say. The regional map has really shaped up.

I'd love to add some red - there's just a tiny problem. I have no idea what it would represent! Unless I made all the marked buildings a dark, saturated brown. Hmm.

Not sure how I missed this, but I'd like to add my compliments too. Fabulous work. As for suggestions I only have one. You might want to condense the letter spacing of the river, at the moment it's quite hard to read. Since the limits of the river are clearly marked you don't really need the lettering to suggest the limits by spacing them over such a wide area. Of course you want to retain the fantasy 'umph' as well. If you haven't already take a look at the link in my sig about labels, there's something there about spacing between letters (not to be followed slavishly of course!).

Terrific work, LuKc!

Ravells, I'm not sure how you missed it either, since I've been bothering around with it for so long . I've adjusted the river spacing and changed it to lead the eye along the direction of water flow. I've read your labels .pdf - it's a very good read indeed. Anyhow, I've mostly finished everything. I've desaturated the heraldry, added some trees, added the windrose and the scale so ... that's it I guess.

The final version is a vector .pdf for printing out at 36"x24" - so if something seems a bit small on the attached file, don't worry, it prints out pretty large in the final instance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beruak-Final-01.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	1,018.7 KB 
ID:	41783

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beruak-Final-Small-Aged.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	41784

And here is a very small, very aged, poorly printed version of the map, that had been sitting in my shoe box for 37 years ... (I won't upload the full-view version, because I really don't want to clog the servers with it right now )

I like the aging, but it takes away from the readability of the regional map.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Unless I made all the marked buildings a dark, saturated brown. Hmm.
    Yep, that was the suggestion I made in a previous post.

I'm with dangerdog on the aging. I think it detracts from the readability of the map. I also don't think it matches the style very well. You have some very clean and precise line work going on here - nothing like what I'd expect to find done on aged parchment of some kind. I think the clean white map made much more visual sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123