Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Worldmap of Arden

Well, as i said in the WIP thread...this is really beautiful. A very unique style. Very well done, Schwarzkreuz! Have some rep. (if i can)!
    And if you care to share ... i'd be interested in brushes from this map...not only the mountains. But i am greedy
    Btw, is this a world you have worked out in any detail? You mentioned rpg-ing. If you have things in written form, i'd be very much interested to learn more about this world (yeah, i am enthusiastic rpg-er myself and i looove to discover new worlds...especially ones with such gorgeous maps).

Oh und ich gratuliere zur Beendigung des ersten digitalen Projekts (da all die Namen in der Karte auf Deutsch sind, nehme ich an du verstehst das hier )
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Thanks for your reply, and Yes ich versteh deutsch bin in Deutschland aufgewachsen.
    There is a 120 000 years history ob this World. 120 playable races and much more. It is also possible to Play in this World in 12 different historicak settings ranging from the past 24k Years. The basic idea is a Giant Continental generation spaceship Crashs in the Middle of somethink like Middle Earth, and than turn it into postapokalypse Environment. If you speak German try Tanelorn.Net I am leading an Creativechallenge for RPG settings there soon.

Thanks, Schwarzkreuz. I will look for this on Tanelorn. What's your nick-name over there? Also Schwarzkreuz?
    Btw, is this map all you have mapped out of this world...so is this kind of "the world-map"? Or is there more? If yes, I'd like to see it
    And 120 000 years?! Holy crap! Any plans to publish this somewhere on the internet? (or maybe even as a commercial product?)
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Excellent map! One of the best on this site yet in my opinion How did you get the country continent lines to be so natural? Did you hand draw the geography lines of the lands masses or did rough them in and vary them with the computer? The mountains are gorgeous, though i think a little bit of variety and breakage in the tress to the north would do something for it as well. Bravo!

I think i would do the trees otherwise Next Time. The coastel line was Build like in tears Tutorial.

Sometimes i was thinking about publishing my material about the World but i don't Know if it is interesting enough to Be of any Comercial success.

And about the Size of the World. My Map is about As Large As scandinavia to Middle Afrika. But its only the smaller Third of a higher continent, One of fife. Its a Big World and i am still keeping some blank spaces.

Let's see...

Dark obelisks? Check.
    Mysterious ruined towers? Check.
    Endless forests? Check.
    Towering cliffs? Check.
    GIGANTIC MOUNTAINS CUT IN HALF? Check check check!

Amazing. Loved looking through it and finding all the little details you added.

My brushes are online here
    Please read my terms of use. I f you like it please leave a comment there.

Blog Entries

Wonderful map man, great stuff. The only thing I don't love about it is the evergreen forests, which have some diagonal banding but as you've mentioned that you yourself would do them differently next time then I guess you see them as the weak point of the map.

I very much look forward to seeing your next map.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Gorgeous work! It looks just wonderful.

Rep incoming.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast