Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Worldmap of Arden

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Many thanks to you all. I am overwhelmed by the positiv feedback here. I hope to be able to work on a new map soon, with an all new Brush-Set.

@Diamond:
    I think I could create Brushes and Map-Elements and I could give you the informations of the Setting and the form of the Landmass, the actual rendering of the map and putting the informations into form would be your side. 1 Map my Setting, one Map your setting? How do you like the idea?

I like the clear presentation and the relative size of the mountains, excellent work!

Guild Novice

Love the map. Very great work.

Critique: The shadows of most of the trees seem to fall to the west while the actual shading on the mountains and trees themselves seem to be on the eastern half. The darkened shaded area should corresponding to the directions of the shadows.

It seems the entire northern forest has physical shadows facing west implying the sun would be in the east. This would essentially 'flip' the shading of the hills, mountains and lowland trees.

I hope my critique is clear and not offensive.
    Please link back to me if used

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

wow good eye. and i thought i had gone over it in detail

I would thinking flipping the shadow on the trees would be easier, considering the way the shading is done on the mountains. The ground shadows are the only parts i notice being off in that regard.simple matter to shove that layer (assuming the shadows are on a layer by themselves) a few pixels to the right.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

I found a small settlement (or what I think is a small settlement) that seems to be missing a name. It is located in the small island in south-western Oceanus Desperare, east of Eledare and north-west of Astan.

Otherwise, I'm still fully enjoying the tremendous amount of the detail in this map. You can certainly tell there is a lot going on in this world.

One question: The Imperial Province of Urdatha seems to have a slight urban texture to it. Does it represent a massive, region-spanning city development?

Fascinating and huge

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Awesome, awesome map. Very clear, very distinctive, very suggestive and atmospheric. Just awesome.
    So right Luka. And the scale gives it an amount of mass that is astonishing.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus van der Kroft View Post
    I found a small settlement (or what I think is a small settlement) that seems to be missing a name. It is located in the small island in south-western Oceanus Desperare, east of Eledare and north-west of Astan.

Otherwise, I'm still fully enjoying the tremendous amount of the detail in this map. You can certainly tell there is a lot going on in this world.

One question: The Imperial Province of Urdatha seems to have a slight urban texture to it. Does it represent a massive, region-spanning city development?

Yes there are still some little bugs in it. I dont realy like the forests anymore, I will try another aproach for the next map!
    The Texture on Urdatha are Farming Fields, this is the corn-chamber of the Empire.

Are such informations interesting at all? I mean why I choose to render a certain area in the way it is? All elements of the maps are trying to tell a bit about the empires point of view about the world. Some races of the worlds are Reptilian Traders (Central South and The Traders City of Fahl Sierra). The Vrelaken Terretories of primitiv cultures of ogres, Lords of forgery and Worrior Voivodats. The many Celafati Realms, similar to medieval Islamic culture, one of the first hight cultures of my world, spread by the Scith, Goblins and master alchemists..... and so on and so on.

Here are so many Maps with lots of stories and Ideas inside it, I would love to read more of them! I would realy love a place where I could read about all the vast amount of fictional worlds here on the guild!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Farming, I was right!! I thought it looked like fields and canals..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Novice Facebook Connected occam99's Avatar

I think my heart skipped a beat when I opened up the thumbnail. I keep a small portfolio of links to maps on this site, to wow my RPG group with, and this jumped straight to the top.

I'm not sure if me giving out rep is worth anything, but have some anyway.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast