Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Boards Slow for me or everybody?

Question Forum Boards Slow for me or everybody?

One reason I do not visit as often as I like is these forum boards CRAWL. In fact this is the slowest site of all that I visit.

Is it just me? Or does this happen to others?

Sometimes, the forum boards just lock up and do nothing for several minutes (some times as long as ten minutes) before I just browse away from here and come back later.

Thanks for any insight.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

I will admit this sight does take a bit of time to load for me also. Once in though, I usually don't have any trouble. I use ie.explorer at home and at work (don't tell anyone please ) As far as I'm concerned, its worth the wait.

I've noticed this as well. I don't get ten minute lockups, but I'll often have to wait a minute or two for pages to load. I'll usually get a few threads loading and then browse some other website until they load. This is really the only glaring flaw in the site that I've noticed, but the forums and the people here are of such quality that I don't mind the slowdowns too much.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I've noticed lately when i first come to the site it takes a few minutes to load, but after the initial wait it runs smooth like a cat through butter.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the last couple of weeks it been slow for me too.. not 10 minutes slow but 30-60 seconds load on a page a few times 120 seconds.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank goodness. I thought it was me. Most often I browse here when I few minutes at work (while other computer is crunching a spatial analysis). Now that I know it is normal, I won't be so impatient.

BTW: Not very often, but occassionally, it locks up when I try a "Post Quick Reply" which results in a double post. Is there a way for a normal member, like myself, to delete a double post? I look, but I can't find it.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Nope, there isn't. You can go in and edit the content though - so it just says something like 'deleted - double post'. If you want to actually remove it, then you can ping one of the mods and get them to get rid of it.

Wonder if it's a software thing. All the vBulletin boards I've ever been on often get extremely slow—since registering I've had one or two 500 Internal Server Errors and practically every page takes a minute or two to load.

It's been a dog here too. Mainly just getting that first page up. I just finished upgrading however so I'm not certain where anything is right now as I continue to tweak my system.

Sucks too cuz I have to go back through everything and reload all my Gimp addons...I knew I forgot something :/
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Novice

Its slow for me too, but a minute or two to load a thread is not that big of a deal.. I remember back in the dial up days, 20-30 minutes to get a crappy quality picture to download/upload.

Ive got another vbb that i go to for online gaming, there isnt any lag there. It could be number of people here all the time, all the fancy graphical images (dunno just a guess)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast