Thread: Good evening.

Default Good evening.

Well, hey.
    I'm not the best at introductions, I'm Kyrie Eleison or something, I guess. But you can call me James too, I'm not exactly fussy.
    I'm a kind of game making sort of guy, I'm making a top-down game, which takes root from a lot of the great RPG games that were floating around in the 80s.

When it comes to making this game, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, the project started 2 years ago, when I was only 16, and it was good, the community I make games with is quite a young community, and a lot of the time I don't feel comfortable letting other people do things. I eventually stopped the project, because I had to go to college, (I'm from the UK and in case you didn't know college here is more akin to High School in America) But I've got some extra time an started working on the project again, this time taking an entirely new approach. Emphasising on planning more than production, right now.

So, I've come to the point where I want to map my world, in a prepatory stage, at least. And I figured while I'm developing the world I could pick up a new skill. And here I am. And I'm really impressed, not only with the maps you produce but with the community too. From first impressions it's a fantastic community, and you actually all seem to really love map-making. To find such an ernest community on the internet is hard, so well done to everyone. Aha.

Anyway, that's all I guess.

Welcome, James - glad to have you here. Obsessive perfectionism in mapping? Well, it IS a rather common ailment among the Guild :-). Well, dig into some of the tutorials, sharpen up those cartoskills, and show us what you can do! Or to reverse that a bit - show us what you do as you're working through the tuts, and we'll give you advice and tips as you go.