Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Map Brush Set] Arden-Set no. 1-3

These are really cool brushes and I wanted to use them in a project but it's quasi-commercial in nature. For the life of me I can't figure out how to PM someone on this forum, so if you could drop me a message I'd like to run my project by you to see if you mind if I use your work in it.

Thanks!

In the tabletop RPG I run, my players were all clamoring for a map, but every attempt I made at one left me dissatisfied. As I was agonizing over my pitiful artistic skills, I stumbled upon this thread and the beautiful mountain brushes... and before I knew it, I had stamped out a(n albeit heavily stylized) map I am not just happy with, but actually proud of! Thank you!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eberict View Post
    In the tabletop RPG I run, my players were all clamoring for a map, but every attempt I made at one left me dissatisfied. As I was agonizing over my pitiful artistic skills, I stumbled upon this thread and the beautiful mountain brushes... and before I knew it, I had stamped out a(n albeit heavily stylized) map I am not just happy with, but actually proud of! Thank you!

Can you show me?

Sure! It's a bit embarrassing given how much sheer talent is on this forum, but here it is: http://i.imgur.com/lRruI.png
    It goes with the information here, which is yet incomplete: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...ikis/main-page

When I don't need to make a map for 'next week,' as was the case with this, I want to look more on how to make a proper map so I can make one that's more akin to a real map, haha. (Attempting that here, but slowly: http://i.imgur.com/f8CGH.png)
    Last edited by Eberict; 06-20-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Question

What version of Photoshop were these brushes for? I just tried to load them in 7 and it says they are not compatible. Yes I'm new to Photoshop in general but I thought that things like this were backwards compatible?

Thank you for sharing your brushes, they are wonderfull. I'm downloadding at the moment, I'll try to train mapping with them.
    Looking forward for the others sets

By the way, have you ever thought doing a tutorial of your mapping style ?

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

-thank you for providing these tools. i will sure try to make a map for the D&D Campaign i play on. the DM provided us with a map(made in paint,but a very badly done, like a 5 year old would do,really - and i've seen some bottomkicking MSPaint maps) i will try to upload it as soon as i finish it.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jexinator View Post
    Thank you for sharing your brushes, they are wonderfull. I'm downloadding at the moment, I'll try to train mapping with them.
    Looking forward for the others sets

By the way, have you ever thought doing a tutorial of your mapping style ?
    Well i will try to put One on soon.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

First and foremost these look insanely wonderful and are exactly what I've been looking for. However I have an issue, whenever I attempt to open the .zip folder it tells me that all three of these files are invalid archives. What can I do to fix this?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I used a combo of three of your brushes to create city icons, which I used for a Lite Challenge entry. Thank you so much for making these available!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lost Island of Queensryche v8 (sm).jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	9.48 MB 
ID:	107160

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast