Thread: Thank you to the CG

Default Thank you to the CG

I just wanna say thanks to everyone here. Even though this place is for making maps for fictional universes. You guys have helped me learn a marketable skill and something I can use in the future. Case in point. I've been able to make my invitation for my wedding this fall myself and save money, as well as make money on the side when needed. So again thank you everyone at the CG.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe... thanks for sharing geamon and congrats on the wedding of personal interest (www.pogg.dk) how did the invitation end up?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Still in the design phase gonna make more then one design and then decide (just how I am). I'll show you my first design here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Invitation Design #1..jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	41207  
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

very nice... a word of advice - having the lines around the edges of the invitation makes both the printing and cutting if needed harder, since its easy to see if its crocked
    have you thought about having the flowers on the front as a "door" opening into the text?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Nicely done geamon and congratulations!

I have to agree with you as well, this is probably the best web community I have met. I just wish I could spend more time here. Lately, I've been busy in my everyday life and haven't been able to get much art in....I hate it when that happens.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I hear you Jax - i got so many exciting projects I want to make but real life tends to take all the time - once work is done and the kids are in bed I'm busted
    regs tilt

Congratulations geamon!

Also ... does this invitation mean we're invited?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I totally agree geamon - I'd never have got to the point of making money from illustration if it weren't for this site. Definitely one of the nicest, friendliest places on the internet. Congratulations on the wedding!

Kinda hard to fit you guys in seeing as its a private party for fifty. Nice little place though!
    Cheers, Julien

Blog Entries

Grats on the upcoming wedding, Geamon and I totally agree with you about the community here.

By the way, did you paint those flowers on your invite? They look amazing.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt