Thread: Wild West Town Tutorial?

Default Wild West Town Tutorial?

I just did a quick search, and I was wondering if anyone has done a tutorial on creating maps for a Wild West town?

Thanks!

Wild West towns tend to be 2 parallel rows of buildings on one or two streets, outhouse alley behind the rows. Almost all buildings are normal peaked roof buildings, but have a facade on the front that make it look larger. Need to put it on a stream or river, unless there's a good well. Desert southwest towns are more made of adobe mudbrick, while most other areas are wood. They are pretty simple really. Really big towns/cities might have a small grid of city blocks with streets surrounding, but not typical of smaller old west town designs. Follow the terrain, keep roads straight - simple.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I don't know if it's helpful or not, but here's a link to my very first Challenge win, back in November 2007 - it was a challenge to create Old West Map Objects and I did my first pen and ink map objects for a desert Southwest old west motif.

Superstition Valley

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations