Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greyhawk - Atlas of the Flanaess

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Greyhawk - Atlas of the Flanaess

Greyhawk - Atlas of the Flanaess

Those of you who been active here for a while probably heard of my project to map the Greyhawk campaign world so cherished by old time D&D players. I've been working on if for over ten years and the last year had the great opportunity to work on it almost full time.

I have covered a large part of the area covered in the original campaign map. Half of my work I've done in the last year. This is what I've done so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CentFlan_v1th.jpg 
Views:	3459 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	41291

You can download the map in high resolution here: http://ghmaps.net/bigmap.html

Its available in two versions a more stylish JPG and a more functional PDF with layers that you can hide for use as players handout etc. All my maps in this project are released under Creative Commons license.

I intend to make a wall map and an atlas and I will make other more detailed close-ups of special parts of the Flanaess later on.

You can download my Road Map - 2012 here: http://ghmaps.net/previews/RoadMap2012.pdf

Anna
    //Anna

Beautiful concise and huge ... I can see it took you a long time to make this! What software are you working in?

Hello Anna! This looks really good, nice t know that you'recontinuing your project.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've always loved this project and I can't wait to look at this map tonight (my work PC just can't handle the full resolution, haha).

And some day, I want to have such a map for my fantasy world. ;-)

That's excellent and fills me with nostalgia for my early D&D days.

Blog Entries

I'm really pleased to see you around again Anna as I thought your project was one of the best works on the guild and I am glad you have been continuing with it too. To my inexperienced eye, it looks almost complete !

I have been going to your website on a regular basis. This is what maps should look like! The best Greyhawk maps that I have seen.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected razcor's Avatar

Wow,that's amazing! Having played as a GM in Flanaess for a long time and read all the Gygax's books (Gord), this map gave me a thrill...

Thank you for all your great replies!

In order to make the maps I'm using Bryce5.5 to create and render the terrain. Photoshop CS5 to make textures, stitch together, edit and touch up the renderings. Then I use Corel Draw X4 to create the symbols and heraldry, and to assemble the final map. The jpg versions of my maps also get a final touch up in Photoshop. I work in a very high resolution 1200dpi to be able to use the results for high quality prints as well as digital use.

I have only covered the Central part of the Flanaess so far, but by the end of the year I will hopefully have done the rest as well.
    //Anna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast