Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Essos : Game of Thrones map for Fantasy Flight Games by The Red Epic

Really wonderful map. It has that old and worn feel without being hard to read. Nicely done!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Thanks everyone! and yes feanaaro, it is indeed spelled wrong on this map! I have emailed and sent the corrected file to FF this night and hopefully its not too late. I can't believe they didn't see this imperfection when going through all the layers of art directors and in house guys. I hope they didn't start printing this already or they are in for a very big surprise!

~Jared

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Thanks everyone! and yes feanaaro, it is indeed spelled wrong on this map! I have emailed and sent the corrected file to FF this night and hopefully its not too late. I can't believe they didn't see this imperfection when going through all the layers of art directors and in house guys. I hope they didn't start printing this already or they are in for a very big surprise!

~Jared
    From my personal experience, those that do the proof-reading are usually the most inaccurate and unfocused persons one could ever hope to find.
    Or perhaps they were just not that into Martin... well, indeed Martin himself should have noticed at least. Ok, it's just that I am incredibly picky.

Well it seems FF caught the Braavos mistake in the pipeline so we are safe for now This map was done entirely in photoshop CS3. I make alot of my own splatter brushes and try to wear out the map and try to give it that hand done feel

Beautiful map of Essos, congratulations.

excellent very good job

Thanks for the comments guys

Very pretty as usual. I wish I was able to pound maps as quick as some of you guys do. Of course, I suppose you are doing this full time whereas I've only got my midnight hours

Great job!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

As a HUGE fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, I really love the map. However, I felt the Qohor Forest should have been done differently. I believe actual trees would have been more fitting than a top down look effect, not that it looked bad. The key and compass are beautiful. What font was used for the city names? Also, why did Bravos, Pentos, and Myr have circles around them?

Guild Apprentice

And how did you create the folded effect?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast