Thread: First World and Regional Maps

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip First World and Regional Maps

Hey guys what's up?

I'm new to drawing maps, but I made a try, because I like maps. I don't have the skills to do an amazing map like most of the forum so take it easy.
    I hand-made it. At first I made some Continental Lines, then I scanned (?) it and used photoshop to make the Lines more clearly. Still using photoshop, I made "Coast Lines", to indentify the sea (of course).

(Here how it looks like at this point: )

Then I chose a Scale for both Maps (World and Regional) and determined North.

At the World map I made Political Divisions of Countries/Kingdoms/Realms/Empires.
    At the Regional Map I draw the most important rivers and a mountain chain.

So, let's see how it is:

World Map with Political Divisions:

Regional Map with Mountais and Important Rivers (need to learn how to draw Forests, any tips?):

Some observations:
    • The political divisions may look like "everything to close" but it's not. It is just POLITICAL division, doesn't mean that all the area is inhabited.
    • There is some stains in the last two pictures because my scanner is stained, not my fault.
    • I'm really new on this so I'm open to suggestions =P

PS.: A General Question about the Forum: what does "WIP" means?
    Last edited by Rotciv; 01-27-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Your post was stalled in moderation, so I have approved it!

WIP means "Work In Progress" that you want comments, help, or constructive criticism with, as opposed to a finished map you are just showing off.

-Rob A>

Wow, thanks for sharing! This is looking really nice.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip

Thanks RobA and dangerdog15.

I still stucked on that. I was hoping to see more tips or critics about something wrong or whatever.
    I'll take the silence of the 109 forum members wich have seen the post as a good critic.
    My next step is on the Forests of the Regional Map, than the cities and names and etc.

Still open for replies though. Feel free fellas.

Cya