• Multilevel Madness by RobA

26 31.71%
  • Timmy's Random Dungeon

3 3.66%
  • Not ... I dont know by Torq

7 8.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Challenge Voting

no, timmy didn't get grounded. he just got cast for 2 plays and had to concentrate on that. his middle school is doing "Annie" and his church was doing "Oliver" at the same time and his mom wanted him to do both. so he didn't have any more time to play, or draw maps.

sorry guys.

that's why i voted for ROBA's map. beautiful and functional and made rational sense. three things you can't dismiss when makeing a random dungeon. i just couldn't make sense of that one passage... the whole map violated all of my dungeon design sensibilities.

Blog Entries

I thought that to start with Torq's map was going to be my choice, the walls and esp floor looked great but it kinda petered out after that so that was a narrow miss. Overwatch has some beautiful floor but again didnt seem to go beyond that point so another great start there. Robs map started looking a bit dull but as the rooms went in each one was just great. So finally that became for me the best bit of art. But for me there was another which I found very impressive which was Neons because he got the map in very early and it had everything on it. All the doors were the right type and all the traps were in there . Even come the end its still amongst the top of the bunch and because this was a random map and I thought that to convert it to such a good quick final handout would be the only point in using a random generator and as such is the reason why its Neon who gets my official vote.

Now onto the important stuff.

My humor nod goes to ravs for the wonton wenches tho the krenshar chow with its bone whitening properties deserves a mention too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baziron View Post
    Strange. I voted for Justintime, and my vote was taken (I can't give a vote anymore), but it's not added to him. Somebody help! ;-)
    As a quick tip, you can confirm who you voted for, as that poll item should appear in italics.

-Rob A>

Well... it does, however, the vote still was missing.
    Oh well, you're way in the lead anyways, so no reason to bother too much. ;-)

I had to go with delgondahntellus. I'm a sucker for hand-drawn maps and this one is just gorgeous. Great work!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Thanks rwaluchow, I appreciate the compliment.

I voted for RobA, it's a great looking map. ;D

Question

Well, I was lured out by an e-mail and I voted.
    I was looking without success to find the criteria that the mappers had for this contest.
    I read the rules thread, but since all had the same layout I must be missing something somewhere that gave the contest theme it's feet. . . . Could anyone point me in the right direction. . . .

It's an interesting contest - might bear looking into the beginning of April. . . .

Post the challenge was...

Take a random, dysfunctional pre-generated dungeon layout and turn it into a beautiful map - that was the challenge in a nutshell. Created by a random dungeon generator, all objects, monsters and treasures were pre-determined, so creativity would be used to make something aesthetic out of a mess.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay the email worked! 36 votes as of this posting.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Send Help! made me feel like I should go and help those people...

And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast