Thread: Salutations from the Edge of the World

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Default Salutations from the Edge of the World

Greetings and well met!

I've been visiting this site for quite some time now, and I figured it would be proper to join, introduce myself and attempt to collaborate.

I'm a 27 year-old business engineer, olive-oil producer and volunteer firefighter from distant Chile, that long, thin strip of land located five miles south-west from the end of the world. A roleplayer since age 12, focusing mostly in fantasy games such as D&D, 7th Sea and Ars Magica, as well as steampunk stuff such as Space 1889, I've been drawing maps ever since I found a copy of The Hobbit in my dad's room when I was 7 or 8, and fell in awe with the map in the second page. However, only recently I began trying my hand at computer-drawn maps, so my technique is still quite lacking.

I actually do enjoy long strolls by the beach at sunset, have absolutely no reedeming qualities as a cook (even my boiled water tastes bad), enjoy reading, writting, and water ski, and getting into parachute courses next month. My favourite colour is, I think, white, eggplants are my nemesis, and once I got my head stuck in a ladder when no one else was around and remained there for six hours. And all there was for entertainment was reading the components in a can of paint I had at arm's reach.

Pleased to meet you!

Blog Entries

Good intro ! So you are still in Chile or just from Chile ? We have a members map and I think your pin in the map would mark a first for that country ! Theres a link on the homepage, my sig or in the community menu if you feel like sticking a pin into the approx position. Oh yes, before I leave you can check out me-dem.me.uk for a community based 3D middle earth I have a hand in.