Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 2012 Entry : TTOC

Default January 2012 Entry : TTOC

Sorry Guys but I found the time and couldn't resist entering this one !!

Let's see we got the old wall clock, some paint, Watercolors, airbrush, Bucket of clay , box of plaster, Fishing lures?, Gelatin??, Flashing lights, Moto-tool.
    Yep should be all there! This is the U.F.O. Photography Forum Right? Wait a minute ....Damn!!!

Wait a second here...January mapping challenge Yadda Yadda
    January 30th Yadda Yadda Mapping Diorama...Yeah Let's do that !!
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TTOC.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	519.7 KB 
ID:	41532
    Upon the Incantation of the mystic words I will transform this Pile of Drek into a Masterpiece of art.
    "Clatto Verata Nnn" ...Necktie, necturn, nickle, noodle. It's an 'N' word. It's definitely an 'N' word
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks interesting... can't wait to see what you cook up... you are cooking right?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

This will be interesting.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Yay! More entries are better. Can't wait to see what you make lostatsea!

This is not a WIP, Well sort of ?? This is a proof of concept. This will hopefully be recreated with embellishments inside the compass in 3-D !! And not (I HOPE!!) the cheesy quality you are used to seeing on TV !! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compass base .jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	41557

Background:
    In 2496 AT the Taurian Sorcerer Magus Meridious ( self proclaimed Greatest seer of all times) created an artifact appropriately named THE Meridian Compass. The user of the compass could input a location into the compass and look down upon it in real time as if flying overhead. The compass was created using Blood magic so it was tied to Meridious and only usable by its creator in this case him. While spying on the nearby kingdom of Koedalon. He zoomed in marveling at the greatness of his achievement. However the Captain of the watch at the castle in shear panic of seeing a giant eye in the sky shot a flaming ballista bolt into the sky; out of the compass blinding the great Magus Meridious. In retaliation Meridious poured flaming lamp oil into the compass. As fired rained from the sky The castle at Koedalon was consumed. However the flaming oil also damaged the compass which exploded. The resulting magic backlash destroyed the compass' Meridious and most of his manor-house. His Apprentice did however escape.
    The Taurian High council realized immediately the military potential .New compasses were created. These were Designated T.T.O.C. Taurian Tele Optic Compass. However any attempt to attack through a compass was more disastrous to the user/creator than to the intended target! .Besides anti- scrying charms could block the compass. And selling these secretly to neighbors was much more time efficient, profitable and more importantly SAFER than sitting around spying on peasant kings. Subsequent Models had charms put in place to protect the user but the protection worked both ways . Also if a map was inserted if did overcome the protection of anti-srying charms to some extent depending the quality of the map. Still other methods were more efficient and very few Compasses remain.

CAUTION: NEVER EVER Leave a Activated T.T.O.C. Unattended !!!
    Last edited by lostatsea; 01-27-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Nice story! I'm excited to see the results.

Wip Wip t.t.o.c.

Hi guys. Had to take some time off of creation to snake out the sewer then clean up the mess in the basement But I did get some work done on the T.T.O.C.

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	934.4 KB 
ID:	41609

Anyone know When the Exact deadline is Say Midnight EST Sunday the 29th ?? Or Midnight EST Monday the 30th ?? OR What ?? I will probably finish in the 11th hour
    Last edited by lostatsea; 01-27-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: removed Double Attachment

hehe, I'm remembering Close Encounters of the third kind.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yeah that crossed my own mind too !!

Mashed potatoes anyone?

Lookin cool man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast