Thread: NACIS Atlas of Design

Default NACIS Atlas of Design

Hello, everyone! The North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS) invites submissions for the Atlas of Design, a new publication dedicated to furthering the art and craft of cartography through inspirational examples. All mapmakers are encouraged to offer their work for consideration. And that most certainly includes folks around here -- the maps you submit need not be of the real world. They need only be examples of high-class, beautiful, inspirational cartographic design. And I've seen plenty of that during my lurking here.

We're putting together a book that's intended to be a gallery of excellent maps, and I hope some of you will consider sending in your work and an artist's statement.

For more details, please visit nacis.org/atlas. And please spread the word to anyone you know who's cartographically-inclined.

P.S. I don't know how many of you know much about NACIS, but it's definitely a group worth checking out. We're mostly professionals cartographers and GIS folk and I understand many of you are hobbyists and the like, but we're a society for all carto-nerds, and really want to connect with map-lovers and great artists whether or not they happen to do this for a living.
    Last edited by atlasofdesign; 01-27-2012 at 11:16 PM.