Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slow loading

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Slow loading

Hi Guys,

Site seems incredibly slow lately. The forum itself is okayish - not great - but the frontpage takes FOREVER to open for me.

I am behind VERY fat connections (the bottleneck is my PC's 1gbit ethernet) here, but I haven't done any analysis.

Known issue? Anybody else have it?

- Nils

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Hi Guys,

Site seems incredibly slow lately. The forum itself is okayish - not great - but the frontpage takes FOREVER to open for me.

I am behind VERY fat connections (the bottleneck is my PC's 1gbit ethernet) here, but I haven't done any analysis.

Known issue? Anybody else have it?

- Nils

Grumble vbulletin Grumble

I have a bout an 8 second pause, then the whole page loads up.

Searching around it seems the slowdown is the recent forum thread widget. I'm turning it off to see how that improves things... EDIT seems to be twice as fast without the recent threads display...

-Rob A>

OK - I've but the recent threads query back in, but narrowed down the forums searched, and upped the cache time so the query is only executed once an hour. Ditto for the recent gallery images widget.

I also implemented some .htaccess cache rules that should help for repeat visits.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's been taking me about 2 minutes to load the front page and about 10 seconds for the forums. Now the front page takes like 20 seconds and the forums 5...so, much better YodA. Thank ya.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, it was really slow for me too, but seems fine now. Thanx, dude!

I was having real problems getting the site to load in IE9 before the change. It seems to load well now.

Blog Entries

I'm about same as big A now. It still takes about 10 seconds or so to load the front page but before the change it was a lot higher than that. My PC is getting pretty fubar though and I had put it down to how slow things are running in general... soon be time for a fresh install for me.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Seems better, but I haven't visited much from my home pc lately, and am off work now for a week so can't verify with my work pc.

Thanks for the changes though, it's not perfect yet, but at least here at home I don't have time for coffee breaks while browsing ccg .

Blog Entries

PS: If you use MySQL: Enable slow log, see what happens, then optimize it. If ever the DB is a bottleneck, then you are almost certainly missing indices or doing something else in a very roundabout manner that can be optimized. That, or have a severe RAM shortage. -- other DB packages probably have similar logs.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It seems like it's back to super slo-mo again for me. The main page is the worst by far but the forums are getting slower n slower. Maybe it's the weather lagging my connection, shrug, but it's been like this pretty much since the end of September.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast