Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern Seal of Mythodea WIP

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

I've got a question for continuing the map.
    How can I display the northern coastlines the best way as cliff lines / steep coasts?

Redid the shape of the canal going through Paolos Trutz. It's seeping away into the swamps and caves near the coastlines.

Added the Eastern wall... any ideas how it could be drawn better? =/

The southern mountain-sides still under construction and most rivers are done... still some with clipping-error and alike...

Latest WIP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP 8- kl.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	634.2 KB 
ID:	43271

Wip

Many things done and the map reaches slowly its final stage...

Latest WIP

Name:	WIP 20 - gr.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	832.4 KB 
ID:	45788

Well, the Sea texture and the Desert texture aren't working for me, the pattern repeats too much. Also, I'd try muting the mountain color just a bit so that it doesn't contrast too much with the rest of the map. But those nit-picks aside, this is looking fairly nice.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very fine map. Volcanoes look like a bit strange to me though (like mountains with their tops cut off - which they are^^), I think that they would look better with a thicker rim. They have a certain charm as they are now too of course - it looks as if someone hacked at the mountains and now they are spilling blood... It's a really nice map, but, like Arsheesh have said, some work on the textures might improve it.

Ok... the volcanoes are not that good and now everytime i see them i've to think about bleeding cut-off mountains XD

But what do you mean with !repeating! textures for sea and desert (there's no desert). I just use plain colours there and have one big parchment overlay for the whole map. so there shouldn't repeat anything... or do you mean the brushes?

Wip

Nearly done maybe doing some advancements in the future and revising the whole map with own drawings so i don't have to use premade external brushes.
    Still the volcanoes are not redrawn and I'm not that happy with the snowy tops of the mountains...

Latest WIP

Name:	H-ger.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	46262

A great map that invites the reader to go exploring... and exploring... and exploring....

There is just one thing I personally would like to see changed: you used the same frame for each settlement label, is that correct? Well, the form you used looks very irregular / handdrawn... and so it appears rather strange that this same form repeats over and over again. Perhaps you could either use more variation, or use a different, more "constructed" form?

Hi Droner. This piece is really coming along nicely. I like what you've done with the title and compass. A couple of criticisms would be: (a) some of the elements in the map are not so clear, but look rather blurry and out of focus compared to other elements (e.g. the Anchor symbols); (2) the Grenzen borderlines really bother me. The color choice seems ill suited to your overall color palette, and the size and shape make them look like a child's scribble. Other than that, I think this is a fine map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12