Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruins Of Undermountain III (BIP Project)

Really like the map and the style. Good job.

That is a great looking map Doirce!

I found the “Ruins of Undermountain” on a shelf in my RPG library (despite being a Greyhawk fan) and you have done a great job with your map.

The copy rights issues interest me a lot, since my Greyhawk project has the same legal implications. I decided to call my project Atlas of the Flanaess to avoid using any trade marks. I’m also giving away all my maps and not doing it for profit.

WotC’s reply is interesting, since it means that I could stamp my maps Atlas of Greyhawk with the logo and they would accept it. But I think RedRobes is right, they have to object if I did, so I will keep using Flanaess.

But again great work!

//Anna

Professional Artist

Thanks everyone for the feedback and praise, I really appreciate it.

Work will begin soon on level 8 of the dungeon and I'm looking forward to getting started. I may be under an NDA of sorts as far as pre releases of the map, but I'll see what I can do to post some screens of it as the work progresses.

I have thought about the copyright issue and have decided to press onwards with the map in it's current form. I highly doubt WotC will say anything, but if they do, we will deal with it at that time.

Again, thanks for the comments.

-Doirche

Wow - these are absolutely amazing, Doirche! I couldn't tell them from the real thing.

Yeah, the black background maps from the Undermountain I box look a lot sharper than the ones that came in the UM II box.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

really nice map

if you have any specific CS2 questions let me know
    i would be glad to help

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by mathuwm View Post
    really nice map

if you have any specific CS2 questions let me know
    i would be glad to help
    Actually I do have a question

Is there any way to shift the "work area" opposed to the "grid" displayed by Illustrator CS3?

What I am saying is, if my work area or image size is 20.75" across and 30.5" down, is there a way to align the grid so that it is aligned with the right side of the image and not on the left?

As it stands right now, the document size is centered on the left side, and the grid is off by .5 on the right hand side of the workable area.

I'm not sure if I am making sense here. Maybe I need to post an image of what I am talking about?

Please let me know if I should post an image of this. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Professional Artist

Another thing about the alignment is, since Level 8 is to be a double sized map joined on the vertical axis as opposed to the horizontal axis like level 3 was, I need the grid displayed in Illustrator to line up with the vertical axis on the right side of the level 8 "West" and on the left side of Level 8 "East"

Does that make sense?

Attachment 3085

the grid aligns with the ruler
    just move the ruler to align with the edge of you image

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by mathuwm View Post
    Attachment 3085

the grid aligns with the ruler
    just move the ruler to align with the edge of you image
    Thanks! Worked like a champ

Guild Applicant

where can i get copies of Ruins 3 maps?

Your work looks great so far look forward to further releases. Is this project one that will be produced for sale. Or is it a personal project> i am unfamiliar with the process you are working on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast