Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruins Of Undermountain III (BIP Project)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hmm, that attachment link is broken for me. Not sure what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I have never in my life seen such a big dungeon.
    Think that ones big? I can handle a dungeon that size, but this one --> link <--- Is just way too big.

yeah the worlds largest dungeon guys

I noticed that the areas of the map don't tile to well together

we could make are own (worlds hugest dungeon ) or some such thing

So what happened to this project? It seems the links are mostly dead. The other website said he was working on other maps. I was interested in seeing them.

Highland_Piper, I think on the forum for the project (http://www.undermountain.org/forums/index.php) Doirche or Halaster (the project's head) said that the level 7 map was going to be the only preview piece of cartography, which is a shame, since the level 8 map is going to be double sized compared to level 7 and level 9 is going to be quad sized (see above posts).

They did have an art preview on the undermountain site (really cool female mage pic), but that's about it. From the posts, I think Halaster recently finished writing level 7 (the levels will have room descriptions similar to the original undermountain), I don't know when he is going to finish levels 8 and 9. Possibly next year.

You may want to sign up over there and ask them for an update. Its been several months since the last one. It does look like work is going on, albeit slowly. I'm just hoping the project releases one day and does not become an rpg equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever.

I have tried to register with that site but after the fifteenth time of it telling me "User Name Disallowed" I figured that it must be broken or they are not allowing anyone to register any more.

Professional Artist

Work is still proceeding on the Ruins of Undermountain III project (albeit very slowly though). We have had a very difficult time locating an artist and that has been a big holdup. The maps for the project are 99% complete and room descriptions are complete for Level 7 and 50% for level 8. Typesetting will begin shortly but we still need cover and interior art.

This project WILL be completed folks... it's just taking longer than anticipated as we only have a small staff (four of us) that are working on it. Again... this release will be 100% free to everyone.

@ Highland_Piper

I'm pretty sure Halaster has banned all usernames as he was having to delete many new accounts on a daily basis as they were spammers. I'll let him know you are trying to register at the site.

Professional Artist

Here is a WIP by one of the fans of the BIP Project. Slade88green hand drew the map for his version of level 4 of Undermountain and I put it in the BIP format using Adobe Illustrator. Slade said his map is double wide and as soon as he posts the right half I will get that converted as well and post it here.

This is a WIP so archetectural things like pillars, stairs, etc have not been added yet. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Doirche; 02-16-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Ah this is so cool! Great job on this map.
    It reminds me of a huge map I drew a couple years ago. It was about 16 sheets of graph paper taped together at the seams.. Of an 'undermountain' type terrain. The entrance was a Goblin horde's cave which led to a giant expanse of caverns inside a dead volcano. I believe there was also a Dwarven hold and deeper down there were vast fields of fungi and an area of nothing but crystal deposits everywhere. brings back memories..
    Damn I think I'd like to do that again!

Guild Member Facebook Connected

I love the Dungeon Under the Mountain series (in fact, I like most of 0One's Blueprints). I am well and familiar with Undermountain, but my group plays 4E at the moment, so sprawling complexes don't work as well for us.
    John Grigsby
    Gaming Operations Director, CoastCon 37
    Member-at-Large, CoastCon 37

Currently using Dundjinni, Photoshop CS3, and MapTool
    Unless otherwise stated, any work I post here can be freely used and distributed provided credit is given to me as the originator. If you find it useful or make modifications, I'd love to hear about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast