Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The world of Etrakien

OK here is a small update to my world map. Some more mountains and forest added.

About the name...lets stick to Etrakien :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	världskarta_2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	3152  

Yet another update of the map. All mountains, rivers and forests are in place. Well some changes may occur as progress goes on. But nothing major.

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	världskarta_3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	3342  

Lovely! Are you using CC3 for this map? If so, you've done a terrific job developing the style. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Thanks for the compliment Midgardsormr. As Ravells say it's all done in photoshop. So no CC3 involved at all. But maybe I should make a style like this in CC3. It would defenitley speed up working time once it's done :-)

Well first of all I'm going to try to finsish this map.

I'm envious of your mountains. If you should ever feel the need to share your technique, I'm all eyes.

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    I'm envious of your mountains. If you should ever feel the need to share your technique, I'm all eyes.

-IG
    I gladly tell you how I've done them. Actually there is already a tutorial for it here.

As you can see the tutorial is done by hapimeses. So all the credits for my mountains really belong to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    I gladly tell you how I've done them. Actually there is already a tutorial for it here.

As you can see the tutorial is done by hapimeses. So all the credits for my mountains really belong to him.
    I've seen the tutorial, and it's a good one. I'm assuming you didn't draw and shade each one individually, the pattern that's got my attention. I just can't get mine to turn out like that, they still seem to be all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    I've seen the tutorial, and it's a good one. I'm assuming you didn't draw and shade each one individually, the pattern that's got my attention. I just can't get mine to turn out like that, they still seem to be all over the place.
    As a matter of fact I did. the forest is done with a pattern but all the mountains are drawn individually. I tried to do a pattern for the mountains but I couldn't get 'em the way I wanted. So yes it takes about ten times the time to do them individually but as you can see from the result it pays off.

And after a while you actually get some speed in and you can always see it as some therapy time :-)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast