Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The world of Etrakien

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    As a matter of fact I did. the forest is done with a pattern but all the mountains are drawn individually. I tried to do a pattern for the mountains but I couldn't get 'em the way I wanted. So yes it takes about ten times the time to do them individually but as you can see from the result it pays off.

And after a while you actually get some speed in and you can always see it as some therapy time :-)
    Well, now I'm doubly impressed. I really need to get a tablet. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Well, now I'm doubly impressed. I really need to get a tablet. Well done!
    Yes you really need a tablet. I can't put to words how great they are. Once you start using them you can't go back :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Yes you really need a tablet. I can't put to words how great they are. Once you start using them you can't go back :-)

Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting:

What's the best tablet? And by best, I mean the cheapest that'll still do the trick and not make me want to throw it against the wall.

What's the best tablet? And by best, I mean the cheapest that'll still do the trick and not make me want to throw it against the wall.
    Let me get a comfy chair and some popcorn. This should make for an entertaining thread...

Guild Journeyer

Try checking out this thread for info on tablet (just started searching on info myself yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkaen View Post
    Try checking out this thread for info on tablet (just started searching on info myself yesterday)
    That's a tremendous help. Thanks!

Hey cool! I'm glad all that info is proving useful. I have to say that the tablet I mention I bought has been serving me very very well. It isn't extremely portable do to its size, but the available drawing space is worth it. I've traced a few hand drawings thanks to having that space available. Interestingly enough the tablet is the same size as my wide screen laptop so that fit very nicely together in my bag.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Excellent map and excellent mountains... Very impressed with the individual time you took to do each one... and for the forests... i'm all eyes and ears for how you did those ... what size are you working with for the over all map? What is the scale of the map?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting:

I recently bought a tablet the Genius G-Pen F-610 that is working out great for me... and it was under $100 (u.s. dollars, which doesn't seem to be worth all that much these days.)

Thought I'd throw that out there

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I had a Nisis A4 tablet for a while but never really got into using it. I got an A6 Wacom Graphire4 for christmas and it is fantastic. It cost £80 (which is around $160 these days) and it does everything I need, with the exception of having tilt sensitivity. As Wacom discontinued this range and brought out the Bamboo range I guess the ebay cost for these will come down significantly. The fact that the pen does not need batteries, or replaceable nibs, is brilliant. The drawing space is more than enough which was quite a surprise.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast