Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The world of Etrakien

Wip The world of Etrakien

Well the name Etrakien sounds nice in swedish.......but I guess that in english it would probably be called Ethracy. Anyway enough of that.

This is my project at the moment...trying to put an old world to paper. I've been working on this world for a long time. in the beginning it was meant for an roleplaying adventure but now....well I'm just mapping.

I must say that I've learnt a lot about photoshop and maping since I joined the guild. So thanks a lot for sharing all your stuff and ideas.

Well the map is in an early stage but I thought I share it with you. As you can see I'm so far only working on the southern part of the world, and it's still far from done.

Well thats all at the moment and don't be afraid to give me your thoughts :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	världskarta_1.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	2897  

I agree! This is very exciting! Keep it coming, Clercon.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Mountains looks very nice.

I agree with the other; this is shaping up to be a very nice map. I especially like the sinuousness of the rivers. There is a gracefulness about them as they pass through the forest.

My only real criticism is that the colors of the land and water (while excellent in their own right) tend to blend together around the rivers and the large inland sea or lake making the shorelines indistinct.

Very nice map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanx for all the nice words. The plan is to put in all the mountains/rivers/forests first. After that I'll try to figure out how the borders between the countries will turn out. I have som things clear, for example where the "city of cities" Ankh-bathor is situated, a very important and powerful place in the Etrakien world. The map is loosly based on an older handdrawn version. But I was never really satisfied with how it turned out. So I decided to do a complete remake this time (some things are still there though). I try to upload the original map later on (am at work at the moment and shouldn't really be in here reading around ;-)).

cheers

This map is looking great. I love the mountains and forests. I don't think the rivers are all that realistic in terms of layout though. Particularly how the river in the south just swings back to the east past the mountains. (that just doesn't strike me as very realistic)

anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with this one.

cheers,

Rwaluchow

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Well the name Etrakien sounds nice in swedish.......but I guess that in english it would probably be called Ethracy. Anyway enough of that.
    Ethracia would be more correct and sound better too .

Very nice map.

Etrakien sounds perfectly good in English. Ethracy, not so good... But it would fit in an English, "Shire," situated with towns like Burpwallow, Oxgut, Frogsplat and the Little Hockspit River. Actually, never mind, I think I'll be using those myself<whistles happily away>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast