Thread: The Broken Path

Default The Broken Path

Just finished up another VTT battlemap for my campaign. Attached is the image that I used as inspiration. It's generic enough to be used as any sort of wilderness encounter with a ruined feeling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bridge.png 
Views:	307 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	41554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OrcBandits-2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	537.3 KB 
ID:	41555

This is lookin good. I'd add some more water movement though.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with what I can do with ground textures, but haven't found a technique for water that makes it look alive yet. The edge of the waterfall is the most apparent issue, but time issues led me to decide this map needs to be done (or I'll work on it forever). Perhaps throwing a rock or two in the river section and give some wake off of them would help.

Any suggestions?

Nice work AragonLA. If you are interested, I made a set of water tiles and edges that make a decent looking river.
    They are designed for DundJinni but could be used with any editing program. The set is posted at DundJinni Forums, this link will take you to them.
    http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...12469&KW=river

I also made a dam / waterfall that might be of help: http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...dam&PN=0&TPN=2
    here is a jpg that shows the dam and a little bit of the river
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dam-Waterfall_bg.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	41585

Nice VTT map there AragonLA. I don't think that water is all that bad. You could try applying a random noise to it, followed by a motion blur in the direction of the flow. Invert the colors is necessary to make the blurred lines white and see if it gives more of an impression of flow.

Nice image Bogie. I love all the Dundjinni stuff, I have quite a few resources saved to my hard drive from those forums. Did anything ever come about regarding a user art archive? I remember seeing a thread about that at one point. Just curious, I would hate for all that stuff to one day possibly be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I made a set of water tiles and edges that make a decent looking river.
    They are designed for DundJinni but could be used with any editing program. The set is posted at DundJinni Forums, this link will take you to them.
    http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...12469&KW=river
    Hey, Bogie - thought I recognized you from the DJ forums! Thanks for sharing!

-Rob A>