Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Swampy Town of Moccasin Hill

Blog Entries

Default The Swampy Town of Moccasin Hill

This is another map for my campaign, done over the weekend. Moccasin Hill is a swamp town with some interesting things going on. It is perpetually shrouded in fog, especially at night. The map depicts one of its lighter periods. All of the roofs are done in a reed thatch.

Being in the middle of the Fenwater Bog between the great cities of Arbordan and Bandurin, the village at times sees a lot of traffic between the two, although there are other routes (such as the Ubathor and Gildenmorrow Rivers) that are more heavily traveled. There is also an underground tunnel that spans the distance between Gammaldine and Bandurin, but it belongs to the Dwarves and they share their secrets with few topsiders.

The techniques used were mostly developed in my Siete Torres map. Buildings that perfectly align with the sun can be flatter than they should be. A lot of the props came from Dunjinni.com.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moccasin Hill.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	822.9 KB 
ID:	41681
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Very nice encounter map. The color scheme really fits the story !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Sweet map Immolate! Kind of reminds me of a village in Skyrim, but the colors are very different and nice. Great job on the use of color to create a feeling of swampy-ness.

Blog Entries

Hey well, I'm colorblind, so if the colors work it's because my wife is willing to straighten me out when I made dumb mistakes (as are folks here )
    ----------

Hey, color blindness never stopped a friend of mine from doing some of the coolest art I've ever seen. His girlfriend would help him out or he'd only use one color and black. You do what you have to.

I'm colourblind too, so I can guarantee - the colours on this map are all just fine

Excellent work. I must ask, was the watchtower's shadow something you added personally, or added in via a program you used to make the map with? Either way, I love it.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

I really love this map! God job!

Blog Entries

Thanks for your comments everyone. To answer your question Lloyien, all of the shadows were hand-crafted, which is the only way you can really model multi-level building shadows.
    ----------

Great map immolate! I see a couple of the items I posted at Dundjinni in it.

Are you going to be posting a larger / higher res version? Us greedy people always want more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast