Thread: Long time lurker

Post Long time lurker

Been visiting since RobA mentioned this forum at DungeonForge.

Now decided to speak up.

Post Well show us!

Show us your Dungeonforge creations. Haven't seen much until RobA's for this month's challenge entry - I'd like to see more.

Welcome to the guild!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Indeed, after seeing his map I immediately went and downloaded DungeonForge. Now I just have to find the time to learn how to use it.

It'd be great if someone had a few quickstart tips or something.

Don't have much. DF is a little buggy on Linux under wine. I been spending my time working on a 3D world creation software (Linux only). No public release yet. I decided to use meteorite impact simulation to build a planet, satelite or astroid. I would like to throw in techtonics to give additional variations. So it is geared to creating rather realistic worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    It'd be great if someone had a few quickstart tips or something.
    Look in the download section for the a guide and many other downloads for textures, objects, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne View Post
    Don't have much. DF is a little buggy on Linux under wine. I been spending my time working on a 3D world creation software (Linux only). No public release yet. I decided to use meteorite impact simulation to build a planet, satelite or astroid. I would like to throw in techtonics to give additional variations. So it is geared to creating rather realistic worlds.
    This sounds really interesting. I think one of the reasons why world generators don't quite look right is because they are purely random and that plate tectonics is ignored. I'd love to see some examples once you've got the programme up and running.

Welcome to the Guild, btw!

Welcome! I'd try Dungeonforge if I could even FIND the download I must be an idiot cause I couldn't find it
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Welcome! I'd try Dungeonforge if I could even FIND the download I must be an idiot cause I couldn't find it
    Well - you do need to be logged in to download.

After that it is in the Download section, under Dungeonforge, second download in the list/

-Rob A>

Ahhhhh.

I should remember to mention the need to have an account first before downloading. I am permanently logged onto DF.